Thursday, February 5, 2009

Good Times

Yesterday was my birthday & it was a happy one! Thanks to all my friends & family who make me feel so loved. I love you too! The festivities started on Saturday, when we had plans with our friends, the Paices, to have a game night. I was really looking forward to playing Master Detective Clue. When Ashley answered the door, however, she laughed at my funny look as I noticed streamers & balloons draped around her front room. I've never had a surprise party before! It was a fun evening with friends, a game of Clue (of course!) & a gorgeous cake. Ashley ordered a cake just for my party that was yummy chocolate inside with whipped cream frosting & beautiful frosting roses on top (my favorite kind!) It was really sweet! Thanks to my dear friends for the fun!



On Sunday, my mother-in-law spoiled me with a rich, homemade chocolate cake... it was sooo good! It's a top secret recipe... even better! hehe
check out this cake:
it's three layers of chocolaty goodness... a glass of milk is definitely required!


On the morning of my birthday, Jamin left as usual to work his 2 hours of OT before his regular shift & David & I went about our day. Jamin drove the car, though, so he could be home at a decent hour for our dinner date. I was very surprised when he came walking in the door about an hour after he left... sneaky sneaky! It was nice to have a little bit more time with him. And what beautiful roses he brought to me! What a honey! Aren't these wonderful?!


I had a great day! My friend Ashley came to hang out & we worked on some crafty things & I scrapbooked too (I've done no less than SIX pages this week! I know! I'll have to share those soon! It's been so long since I've scrapbooked, it was great!) Jamin & I enjoyed a nice dinner out & a few hours to ourselves last evening. Thank you Katie & John for taking care of our little man!

I was blessed by a few friends stopping by with more flowers.. so my house is very cheerily decorated with fresh blooms - I love it! I had a very happy birthday. Thank you again to my dear friends & family! Another year has passed & just in this one year, I am forever changed in so many ways. I am so blessed by my Heavenly Father. This next year will bring many more adventures & opportunities to grow - I have so much to look forward to! For now, I'm enjoying every moment of my life.

2 comments:

Shirley said...

Happy Birthday! Those cakes look yummy!
Shirley

Erin Dooley said...

Beautiful Cakes! Happy Late Birthday:)