We started off the fourth by heading to downtown Ridgefield, where there was a parade & a whole day full of festivities. Not only was it Independence day, but Ridgefield is celebrating it's 100th year in 2009. It was a great parade with lots of tractors, classic cars & the local high school band (yes, there was a marching horn.. I checked). I loved the opportunity to experience the small town charm of the city we live in. It's small, but not too small. Ridgefield has big plans to grow with more housing developments coming in down the road & rumors of a grocery store & cinema in the near future! This is such a funny thing to me since I grew up in the Sacramento area & there were no less than 3 grocery stores within walking distance of our home. Now, I'm driving about 6 miles to get to the grocery store (or anywhere, for that matter) But I've gotten off track...David spent much of the parade on his Daddy's shoulders, conducting music & pointing to new & different things. It was a lot of fun with no sunburns! YAY! We then joined up with friends for a nice relaxing afternoon & evening. There was BBQ, a kiddie pool, David's splash/sprinkler toy, bubbles, games with friends, a little nap & of course, fireworks. This is a cute quote that a friend posted on the 4th of July:








No comments:
Post a Comment