Sunday, January 31, 2010

Creative Goals for 2010

I am very excited about having my spare room set up as a craft room! Just yesterday, I acquired a table that's sturdy enough to hold my sewing machine. Jamin will be happy that we don't have to share our dinner table with my sewing projects. (I spread out so much, that we just ate at our kitchen counter bar when the sewing machine was out for a week at a time) I spent some time at the beginning of the year going purging my craft supplies & that was very helpful. It freed up much space for fabric! I now have a small stash of scraps & fat quarters from my MIL (when I helped her purge her creative space at the beginning of the year - it worked out perfectly!). After getting things organized & cleared, I was free to get the creative juices flowing again. I completed another tossed/disappearing nine patch in Christmas fabrics. It's just the quilt top, as I need to find some backing & binding fabric). It's been pretty grey on the days that I remember I need to get a picture of it, so when I have a chance, I will update here so you can all see. I then used the rest of the 4" cut squares to make a simple crib sized patch quilt top (again, it needs backing & binding to be completed).
I have a goal this year to make 12 completed quilts for 2010. That's one quilt for each month. Some will be gifts, a couple for keeps & some will be donation quilts. So far, I've completed 2 quilt tops - so that's a decent start. There are so many non-quilt projects I'd like to work on as well, so I'll be sure to keep a record & post them here. I'm looking forward to a creative 2010, as I learn new skills & improve some others. :)

No comments: