(I wrote early last week & just realized I never posted it!)
At David's 18-month check-up, he weighed 23lbs & was 32" tall. He's moving back up on the growth curve, but to me still seems to be a skinny kid. It's been a challenge finding pants for his long legs that were skinny enough in the waist to stay up. The solution: a belt. I'm realizing that I didn't do as much stocking up on toddler clothes as we did clothes for his first year, so we've made a few shopping trips. It takes a little bit of time to find stuff when I mostly shop consignment & clearance. Seriously, with kids clothes, it just about kills me to pay full price. They wear them for such a short amount of time. I've bought brand new clothes with tags still for more than 50% off at the consignment store.
All in all, the doctor was very pleased with his growth & development & she said she was impressed with his speech. We certainly have quite the little talker & I love it! Now, I don't feel like I'm having a one-sided conversation about produce while we're in the grocery store. David has learned a LOT of words & practices on the words that we say. He also has 'please' & 'thank you' learned very well & uses them all the time. I really need to sit down & write up all the words he says. He learns many new words each day, so I'm losing my window of time.
One of the phrases he's been saying lately is "uh oh, I broke it" ... it's hard not to giggle every single time I hear it... I love it! Mostly he says it when he drops something, but still funny.
Earlier this week, we had an especially cuddly day. I don't think he was feeling so great (teething) & he came up to me in the office & said "mama, hold me." My heart swooned. I asked if he wanted to cuddle & he said, "yeah." (he's getting much better at saying "yes" instead of "yeah"). So he cuddled on my lap until he fell asleep about an hour before his usual nap time.
Yes, David is still cutting his 4 canines. They have finally made an appearance with little white tips poking through his gums. These teeth are taking quite a while, but he seems to be managing very well. Of course, there are tougher days than others; but really, David is a trooper. We're almost done with teething, yay! After these canines come in, we're just waiting for his 2nd year molars & that's it!
Saturday, January 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
It took sariah a while to cut all 4 teeth all the way through. and boy am i glad we are all done with teething.
Post a Comment