Sunday, July 27, 2008

this is making me hungry!

I just have to say that I feel like super-mom! (For like 2 minutes, but that's enough for me). This weekend, I was determined to sit down & get a meal plan laid out... & I did! I have 4 weeks of dinners all set out, including new recipes to try from our ward cookbook & a couple I've been wanting to try. I only plan dinners since Jamin takes leftovers or a sandwich for lunch & I generally do the same. Breakfast is cold cereal most of the time. Jamin is very good at getting something for breakfast... I am working on it (doing better lately since I've been walking in the mornings). Saturday supper is generally not planned since the day tends to be crazy, Sunday is often spent with Jamin's family & we only plan one Monday night meal in 4 weeks, since we get together with 3 other couples on those nights & we rotate who's house we go to for dinner.
Some of you probably don't know that I've gone all nerdy with the meal organization. I have a spreadsheet all set up with one page listing every meal we make (so I don't have to stare at the computer screen trying to figure out what I actually cook during a week) (& it's organized by main meat ingredient), several blank weekly worksheets to list what's going on during a particular day, the plan for dinner & needed ingredients (helpful in case we need to make a grocery stop or can prepare foods for 2 dinners in one night, depending on ingredients), & a grocery list organized by category. The categories are helpful to make grocery trips more efficient - no going back & forth to different aisles & less likely to purchase items not on our list.
Anyway, it's a nerdy blog post, but I'm just happy to be on the ball. ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Job Leah,
That is way more than I would do, but then again, It's just me and the dog. Sadie is greatful for everything I leave on my plate for her, as long as she can wash it down with milk too. haha.