About 3 weeks after David was born, I started a walking routine with a good friend of mine, Ashley. She & I made a deal while I was still pregnant, that we would walk together as soon as I was ready. The weekend after David was born, Ashley got herself a new pair of walking shoes & broke them in, getting all revved up for getting in shape. I am so grateful to have a girlfriend to keep me on my toes & on point for reaching my goals. I was afraid of getting stuck in a rut early & not getting a hold of this baby weight early. (Heck, who am I kidding.. there was more than baby weight before I even got pregnant) I've actually already lost the weight I gained for my pregnancy & am working on my cozy winter layers... hehe :)

Ashley's son is 10 months old & we really wanted to make sure that we were getting out of the house, not only for us, but for the boys too. I'm sure the same 4 walls every day are just as boring for a kid as they are for a stay-at-home mom. There's a nice green belt near our home, with a wide paved walkway that goes for quite a long way (lots of path for those ambitious mornings). We've been taking advantage of the beautiful pathway, and pretty sunny summer mornings. Heck, I'm up early feeding the baby anyway, so I might as well throw on a pair of tennies & hang out with my friends, right? :) We have another girlfriend who has joined us on a few mornings.

Anyway, here are a few pics from when we were out early last week. We're going to explore some other walking locations starting this week, but this is our main route. I'll share our adventures in walking & health progress too. I'm liking what the scale has to say so far, so we'll see what the difference is at my 6 week postpartum appointment. :)
2 comments:
Going on walks with your friends is the best isn't it? Good for you guys!
Way to go!
Post a Comment