
Anyone who knows me, knows that I love cooking & baking. Two weekends ago, I tried a recipe that I've been wanting to make for two years! Cooking Light published a yummy recipe for a Fresh Lime Chiffon Cake in June 2006 (
here is the recipe) I've decided this is a special occasion cake since this recipe takes some time. We made it for Sunday when David was blessed. Jamin was a super star & juiced 6 limes by hand! (who knows where our juicer went!)My only trouble was with the frosting.. it just didn't turn out -I'm not sure what I did wrong. 'oh, gee, darn...' We'll just have to keep baking this cake to get it right! ;) Anyway, if you like lime flavor (I love anything citrus), then you'll love this cake! It was a great treat after our dinner of teriyaki chicken & ginger coconut fried rice. The rice recipe was from our ward cookbook & was FANTASTIC! I'll be posting that recipe when I make it again.
No comments:
Post a Comment