
We enjoyed a beautiful Saturday afternoon at a local pumpkin patch, picking out our Jack-o-Lanterns. It was perfect Fall weather, with a slight breeze chilling the air, but the sunshine warming us. The hayride down to the patch was a little dusty, but that's because we were sitting directly behind the tractor. There were pumpkins everywhere! David had a blast wandering around the pumpkin patch trying to pick up the little ones. He did a lot of pointing & exclaiming, it was pretty funny! It was fun sorting through all the squash, trying to find the perfect shaped pumpkins for the designs we wanted to carve. The toughest part for
Jamin & I was limiting the number of pumpkins we picked out... we came home with more than a few.

For now, they're speckling our front porch with a festive orange. But in a few short weeks, we'll carve them up & have them glowing on Halloween night. David's pumpkin won't be carved though.. we have other plans. Thanks to his Grandma Jeri's collection, David has a little love affair with Mr. Potato Head & all his friends. So I couldn't resist when I saw a kit to turn a a pumpkin into Mr. Pumpkin Head with a Pirate costume! Ca-
ute!!
After we loaded our pumpkins into the car, we headed back to wander in the corn maze till dark. It was a fun family day on Saturday!
1 comment:
oh the weather looks perfect!I love fall!!!
Post a Comment