10 boxes cereal (those Cheerios are the big boxes)
4 chickens (approx 3.6lbs each)
1/2 gallon Breyers ice cream
3 steamer bags frozen peas (forgot to snag em back out of the freezer for the picture!)
Total out of pocket expense: $21.12
According to the receipts, I saved $65.79 - that's over 75% savings!
(from the ridiculously inflated full retail price at Albertsons... but still!)
I did this in 2 transactions:
First, I purchased the cereal & frozen peas to get the General Mills promo (purchase $25 of participating products & get $10 off your next purchase). I had a coupon for each item I purchased & used 3 doublers (so 3 of my $1 off coupons were doubled to $2 off!). That made the first purchase a total of $17.56 out of pocket.
Then I purchased the chickens & ice cream & used my $10 coupon. (I had another coupon & doubler for the ice cream, which was on sale - & the chickens were only 68 cents/lb!) It was cool to only pay 3.56 for 4 chickens & a half gallon of ice cream. :D







No comments:
Post a Comment