Monday, January 26, 2009

Back on Track

The day is closing on Monday & I am getting back into the swing of things. David & I just returned Saturday from a week at Grandma Debbie's in California. We had a lot of fun & enjoyed catching up with each other as well as getting just a few things accomplished. But now that we're back home, there's quite a few things on my 'to-do' list that kept getting pushed back in the weeks before we left. The washing machine & dryer have been going all day, I vacuumed, loaded & unloaded the dishwasher & even cleaned up the bathroom! I feel quite accomplished! LOL Some days, it's a challenge to get some of these basic things around the house checked off my list. But today, David was a sweetie as I was determined to have a productive day. I'll be honest though, I did add a couple things to my list this afternoon, just to check them off.... you know you do it too.
So I'm feeling good! My treadmill is once again set up in the front room & provides more inspiration for me to keep on track with my other goals. You may remember late last summer, I was on a walking routine with my friend Ashley. Well, as fall weather trickled in, and sniffles & fevers caused a few sick days, our walking became more sparse. Then the holidays snuck up on me like never before & I had a few projects to complete for Christmas. Then of course, is the baking urge that breaks out in the winter especially. We still have unpredictable chilly, wet weather that entices us to stay snuggled under a blanket in front of the TV with hot cocoa. My goal is to walk every day.. even if it's just 10 minutes. I can watch the news or a favorite TV show while striding closer to my goals. In addition to the energy & better sleep that I desperatly desire... I basically am tired of looking like a snowman. When we have some more sunny days, hopefully David & I can get together with friends for walks outside. For now, it's noisy toys for him & treadmill for Mama. Wish me luck! ;)

2 comments:

Sylvia said...

Good Luck exercising! It is something I want to do as well. However, like you the cold outside makes it hard to be motivated.

Shirley said...

Hey! It's great to catch up with you! My blog is shirleybraun.blogspot.com. It's private, so you'll have to ask for an invite, or give me your email ad I'll send you an invite.
Shirley