Sunday, January 4, 2009

Rare Sight These Days

A sweetly sleeping baby... at night... for more than 30 minutes... ok maybe a little bit of an exaggeration, but sheez! The word above David's head in this picture is not one I use very much these days. Our little guy is teething. He's been showing increasing signs since he was about five months old. But lately he's especially cranky & not happy about eating much during the day (from a jar or Mama) & not sleeping very well. Poor guy. That cozy, cuddly teddy from Grandpa J sure helps when he's struggling with sleep. When my arms are dead from him falling asleep in them, I do what any other mom would do & attempt to gently lay him in his crib & sneak quickly away for a shower. As soon as we put him down though, David desperately reaches out to grasp onto something (another reason for my Mommy Hairdo - aka ponytail 24/7). That's when this fuzzy guy is great to have around. What a buddy! As soon as he's in David's arms, David calms & generally falls back asleep. At least for five more minutes. *sigh*
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Joy Schmidt said...

What a sweet little boy!! Teething is a rough stage, hang in there!!! xoxo Joy

Shirley said...

Hmm...reminds me of when my first was a baby. I can't say I miss that part! So far, we've had it so easy with Heidi!
Shirley