Friday, August 21, 2009

the Clark County Fair

I've lived here for over 7 years now & this is the first time I attended the Clark County Fair. I grew up going to the California State Fair.. so I know a county fair sure wouldn't live up to those lofty expectations. We DID have a lot of fun, though. David pet a lot of animals (thus washing his hands a lot - he was such a trooper!) & saw a lot of interesting people. Jeri went with us & we had a lot of fun checking out the animals & exhibits. We sat down just as the last Dock Dog was making his jump into the pool for the show. So we know to look for that schedule next time. It's a dog competition where Dogs jump across a pool to catch a flying frisbee or something & we see who jumps the furthest. We did catch a pig race though & our pig won! (go Red!) The experience was topped with a funnel cake! It was a day full of new creatures & fun memories. I'm looking forward to going back next year!

No comments: