

David & I were gone most of last week, making a trip to California to surprise my stepmom, Debbie, for her birthday. Debbie's birthday was Wednesday & her husband, Jim, said he had a hard time keeping our visit a secret for all these weeks. David & I flew in on Tuesday & Jim picked us up from the airport. Debbie had no idea! It was such a treat to see the huge smile on her face when Jim came home with us! The last time we saw them was in January, before David was even crawling.. now he's walking & babbling away. There were no plans for the week, except to enjoy each others company & catch up. I helped Debbie with some paperwork & David tested the kid-proofness of Grandma's house (he kept us pretty busy!) Jim grilled dinner for us a few nights & we enjoyed beautiful summer weather! It was the perfect time to go to California, as we totally skipped the 107 degree heat at home! yuck! I even had the opportunity to catch up with a couple of friends! We had a wonderful trip & it ended all too soon! I am looking forward to the next opportunity to visit again!
No comments:
Post a Comment