I finished this quilt in January, but am just now posting a picture for all of you here... since I'm such an excellent procrastinator. I've decided to record of my quilts since most of what I'm making are for gifts. This is also to journal my quilting adventure. It will be interesting to see how my styles may change & how I improve as I continue to create more projects.
I introduce to you... Happy Holly Days (I think it's fun when people name quilts, so I'm going to be fun & do the same!)
I've had this fabric for quite some time, most of it from my mom. I purchased the red floral to complete the collection for the disappearing nine patch design (starting from 4.5" squares) & also used Kona white & a red polka dot from Fabric Depot (can't remember the manufacturer) for the backing. Completed size is approx. 56x75 after washing. I practiced stippling (or a more loose form) on a simple table runner to practice & struggled with getting the right groove. It felt more natural to do a loopy style free motion quilting - probably because of all the loopy letter Ls I've practiced over the years ;) I started piecing this on New Year's Day & it was completed pretty shortly thereafter.
I really do love this quilt. It's the 2nd quilt I created & wanted to keep it for us for a Christmas quilt. Of course, it's the middle of May & we are currently cuddling underneath while we watch TV (or post on the blog with our new laptop... I'm just sayin'). I've got several other quilts to make before I can get to making a non-holiday quilt for us. So it's Christmas all year round at the Jorgensen house! ;)
Sunday, May 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
your quilt is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment