I'm participating in the Spring 2010 Blogger's Quilt Festival & I have a quilt to share! This quilt is for my friend Natalie's little boy, Kade, who is due to arrive next month.
This is a pretty small quilt (23"x31.5") But it's perfect for right when he's born or maybe for tucking in his car seat without dragging or even for a cute changing pad. I've named it Love U Boy, after the fabric I used, Love U by Deb Strain for Moda. Aren't those owls just adorable? I love the snail/turtle print too! :)
This little creation was born from my love of pinwheels. Since I'm a new quilter & pinwheels have lots of corners that have to come together sharply, I thought I'd practice first with half square triangles. They came together very quickly since all the fabric was pre-cut into 5" squares - very convenient!
I purchased 2 charm packs & a panel to make an ABC book - this quilt & it's matching girl quilt were made from the leftovers. I quilted this little guy with pebbles & I absolutely love how it looks!
Friday, May 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








6 comments:
Nice quilt, i like the little circles that it is quilted with.
Very pretty quilt! You did an amazing job!
Happy sewing!
I love the snails and turtles! Great quilt - the pebble design looks perfect.
Leah - You are downright amazing!
this is so cute. i love it
Very cute, nice work.
Post a Comment