Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Authentic

Now that my brother has received his birthday present, I can finally share a project that I've been working on... his quilt!

I can't believe I just completed my first quilt! I'm officially a quilter now! I was a tiny bit sad to see it go, I fell in love with the fabrics right away & even more as they came together in the quilt. From the selection of fabric (picked out especially for him) to his hands, it took less than a month. Let's hope I can continue that kind of progress. The fabric is from a line called Authentic by Sweetwater for Moda. I started with charm squares (5" pre-cut squares - how awesome is that!) & sewed the top in a tossed nine patch pattern. I forgot to measure it before I mailed it, but the size is in between a twin & a full. Great for a tall guy like Aaron to cozy up with on the couch.
I really enjoyed creating this for him. I can't wait to start on the next quilt! There are several patterns I'm very excited about sewing up, so stay tuned! :)

No comments: