Sunday, December 13, 2009

Halloween in December

Better late than never, right?
Here are a few very late Halloween photos that I meant to post forever ago...

David is often right on my heels as soon as I open up our pantry. It's an exciting place to explore with toys that he doesn't get to play with all the time. Like cans of beans. I was gathering chili ingredients for our Halloween party & pulled all the canned beans off the shelf. David quickly turned them into a game & started stacking them on top of each other. Once he couldn't reach any more, he started handing me the cans to continue his tower of beans. Then he knocked it over & started again. He does this occasionally with his huge Legos, but cans of beans are more dangerous, thus more fun.

Here are the amazingly delicious caramel apples we made for the party. I am so glad that my dear friends Richelle & Ashley sacrificed of themselves earlier in the week to test the new recipe. The caramel was made from scratch... it was awesome! Definitely a tradition in the making!

Speaking of Ashley... Here she is with her hubby, Kevin, on Halloween. Sadly, Jamin & I didn't get a picture of us in our Salt & Pepper costumes. They were simple tunics that I sewed (with chef hats), & they were pretty cute)

Here's a super cute snapshot (taken on my iPhone, that's why it's fuzzy) of David on Halloween when we were on our way to trick or treat at Grandma & Grandpa's. I looked in the back seat & David was sitting there, looking like a little gentleman.. ahem.. gentle-lion, with his hands folded in his lap.Just the day before, we got him to roar when we asked what sound the lion makes. It's stinkin' cute... of course. ;)

No comments: