Side Note: A few days ago, we talked about knees, elbows, fingers & other different body parts. It's amazing how fast kids pick up new words! We talk about everything around us & what we're doing. My favorite word that he says right now is "shoes". He speaks very clearly & it's just cute hearing words come out in his little toddler voice.
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Baking with the Toddler
This is my third post today, but I just couldn't resist... These pictures are too cute to keep to myself!
David & I mixed up a batch of gingerbread dough today. Oh it was quite the adventure! He likes to be involved in whatever I'm doing in the kitchen, so I often sit him on the counter while I'm preparing food. He's wearing one of the chef hats I sewed for Jamin & my Halloween costumes. He loves hats these days.
He helped me stir ingredients, getting plenty of sugar & flour & spices all over himself & the floor. Lots of spilling happened also when he helped add ingredients to the Kitchen Aid (while it was off, of course) It was good practice for his eye-hand coordination. It was also fun saying new words. He adds a Y to the beginning of 'eggs', saying "yeggs".
Side Note: A few days ago, we talked about knees, elbows, fingers & other different body parts. It's amazing how fast kids pick up new words! We talk about everything around us & what we're doing. My favorite word that he says right now is "shoes". He speaks very clearly & it's just cute hearing words come out in his little toddler voice.
David helped me clean up by licking the spatula. Afterward, he took a wipe & started wiping down my Kitchen Aid. How cute is that? It was a lot of fun for both of us! I'm looking forward to continuing our new tradition of baking together, especially during the holidays.
Side Note: A few days ago, we talked about knees, elbows, fingers & other different body parts. It's amazing how fast kids pick up new words! We talk about everything around us & what we're doing. My favorite word that he says right now is "shoes". He speaks very clearly & it's just cute hearing words come out in his little toddler voice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment