Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy Christmas

I've been away from the computer for the past few weeks for many reasons: baking loads of cookies (I am swearing off cookies for January!!), sewing (just a little - Ashley & I made holiday aprons), wrapping gifts & just relaxing. Christmas eve, I hosted dinner for my Nana, sister & Mom. It was a nice dinner & a normal holiday with my family whom I love. David was too riled up that evening to pay much attention as Jamin read from Luke. We want to continue that Christmas Eve tradition of reading the story of Christ's birth. We will work harder on reading the scriptures from our Advent calendar next year too! I did a few homemade gifts this year that ended up taking a lot more time than I expected. It's okay, because they turned out great - but I'm making a plan to get ahead on Christmas gifts this year. I'm already scoping out Target's toy clearance coming up in January.
It was fun playing the part of Santa Claus along with Jamin as we brought the presents out from hiding & set them up beneath our Christmas tree. It was just the three of us on Christmas morning, in our PJ's, opening gifts & having fun together. David slept in his little Santa hat that my Dad & Lisa gave him. I peeked in his room after he was asleep & just wished I could take a picture, it was so stinkin' cute. He definitely got the idea of ripping open the wrapping paper & there were little shreds everywhere! Here's the video I promised my Dad I would post: David is opening his gift from Grandpa George & Lisa. It's a cute bath toy with some sea creatures, including a clown fish. David says fish & knows what one is, but his preference is just to call them all Nemo.

No comments: