We've been very busy these past few weeks. As Christmas is getting closer, however, our schedule is not as packed & I am grateful for that. We also took some time the first week in December to attend the Festival of Nativities. It's a beautiful event where hundreds of Nativity sets from around the world are on display. There's musical performances & also a few kids rooms, where kiddos can dress up & do crafts. It's a major production that our church puts on every year & I'm grateful for all the hard work that goes into it. It sets the mood for the season, I think. There was the Relief Society Christmas party, Also, the sewing machine was set up for about two weeks while I was working on several projects. (I'll share a post about my sewing projects soon.. I've got pictures & I'm very excited to share my adventures!).
I was recently invited by some gals at church to participate in a play group. We each have just one kid & we rotate hosting a play date once a week. It's mostly a mom date, and that's so awesome! It's wonderful to finally get to know some people at church & make friends. We even have a dinner get-together planned this week so that our husbands can get better acquainted too, which is wonderful for Jamin. :)
Our Christmas shopping is just about done. I had a girls night gift wrapping party on Friday night & that got me all done with wrapping them too! Now they're all tucked away, hidden from the curious toddler.
This week, I am looking forward to baking some cookies, catching a holiday special or two with the kiddo & finishing up a scrapbook project for Christmas.
I've been a photo slacker lately. I've taken a few photos with my iphone that I'll try to get updated here soon.







No comments:
Post a Comment