Sunday, December 14, 2008

Busy Happy Weekend

This has been a pretty busy weekend! It started Friday night with a girl's wrapping party. A few gals weren't able to make it & they were missed, but we had fun hanging out & getting all of our Christmas wrapping done. I am hoping to plan another gift wrapping get-together next year. I LOVE wrapping presents! In fact, I've already had a request by a friend to wrap his presents.. so anyone else needing help, I'll be happy to lend a hand! :D Then on Saturday, my fabulous mother in law, Jeri came over to hang out with David & I & help me on a project. I LOVE her! She is so wonderful! I feel so fortunate to have great in-laws. (& I'm not just saying that because I know she reads my blog.. LOL! It's true!) I reluctantly left my project on Saturday to go to our ward Christmas party.. I'm glad I did. We enjoyed a nice dinner with our church family & an inspiring program. As is typical, there was a guest that arrived at the end of the program to greet the children. Jamin & I don't plan to make a big deal about Santa - no standing in line at the mall to meet him or anything. But since he came to our ward party, we figured, "What the heck.. David can have a picture with Santa for the blog" (I know, we are the mayors of Nerdville) So last night, David met Santa! It was a really funny experience. The three children in front of us, including our friend Tyson Paice, all cried as soon as they were put on Santa's lap. David just gave him quite the puzzled look as if to say, "umm do you know how ridiculous you look in that outfit?" LOL! He even had one eyebrow perked up when he looked over at me. It was hillarious. I should be receiving an email with David's photo, so I'll post it when I see it.
Local weather forecasts predict snow on Sunday (today) & temps in the 20s through the middle of next week (evenings in the teens! brrr!) In fact, there's a Winter Storm Warning indicating expectations of 2-6 inches of accumulation on the valley floor. So I am secrectly hoping the IRS shuts down for a few days so I can steal some time with my husband. Well, I guess after posting it on my blog, it's not so secret anymore, is it?
We'll keep you posted on anything exciting... or just more pictures of our cute son! Happy weekend to everyone!

No comments: