Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Getting Toasty on Tuesday

Remember this tree from Saturday? This is a picture from Monday afternoon. Cooped up in our warm home, we've enjoyed checking out the Snowy Scene beyond our windows. Jamin got a little antsy with cabin fever and ventured up the street to Safeway for cheetos & mountain dew.. basics, you know. Other than that, we've been doing great. We are definitely grateful for the counsel from our prophet to store up food & supplies for times like these. We have avoided driving since everything is just so icy. When I knew this kind of weather was coming in, I purchased an extra gallon of milk (& we needed it, with all the baking we've been doing!) But really, we've been doing great. I am also grateful that we've had power & heat the entire time too! It will be snowing yet again tomorrow morning & possibly on Christmas day, before turning to rain & slowly thawing things out.
Our Christmas Eve dinner with my mom & Nana will be delayed until the drive from Ridgefield for my Nana isn't so scary (they've got at least a foot up there!) But Jack offered to come pick us up on Christmas morning so we can still get together for a yummy breakfast & gifts around the tree. We missed seeing them on Sunday. I think Grandma Jeri was hoping there was some way that David could teleport to her house Sunday, but we haven't quite figured out how to do that yet! :) Yet another reason for the hundreds of photos I've been taking this past week. Seriously, I have taken no less than 200 pictures in the last week.

Here's some fun info for you.. we are just over the I205 bridge from the airport & this is their snow record:


No comments: