With all the chilly weather, we decided to help keep our home warm by baking! ok, ok.. so it was all me. Jamin has been teasing me that I've been baking too many cookies. Too many cookies?!! There's no such thing! Besides, he always has plenty to bring to work & share. I know that deep down inside, he's happy to be the cool kid who brings cookies to work often during the month of December. Baking cookies is a holiday tradition that I hold near & dear to my heart. (ok, maybe more like my gut, but still) It evokes happy memories of baking, decorating & munching cookies. My stepmom always had tins full of goodies during the holidays. We would make spritz cookies, chocolate crinkles, gingerbread cookies, sugar cookies, peppermint candy canes & fancy checkerboard or striped cookies. There's room in every diet for tasty cookeis. Even when my Dad has been on Atkins, always cheated with a few Christmas cookies ;) My favorite part really is sharing our tasty creations with friends & family.
There was already a batch of gingerbread cookie dough in the fridge, so I rolled them out & baked them in the shape of snowflakes. They matched the flurries that were swirling outside our window all day. I originally planned to pipe royal icing around the edges, but after two cookies, my hand was cramping & I knew it would be too tedious for a few dozen more (they're small snowflakes) Besides, Jamin's patience wasn't going to hold out for that long. I had to practically force him into the kitchen to help decorate. A little bit of enticing with the job of sprinkles, though, & he seemed quite happy
Earlier today, we enjoyed a cozy cup of hot cocoa - complete with snowflake sprinkles! I know, I'm kind of ridiculous with the cutesy festive stuff.. but I'm having fun with it all. I finished wrapping some presents & then Jamin braved the weatherto ship some things from the post office. Then we baked, played with David (of course!) & cuddled on the couch with House on DVD. We were thinking about going out to play in the snow with David, but by the time he woke up from his nap, the wind picked up & he probably wouldn't be too happy for long. Perhaps tomorrow. I tooks gobs of photos throughout the day. It was hard to track snow accumulation since the wind was blowing the snow around quite a bit. Oh well. The cookie progress photos I took were more exciting anyway.. hehe We hope everyone is keeping warm & happy. You're welcome to stop by for cocoa & cookies! We've got plenty! :D
There are many holiday traditions that make Christmas time special for each of us. Baking cookies is just one of them. So feel free to leave a comment & share your favorite traditions!







No comments:
Post a Comment